Hard-wearing facestock film for demanding applications: For the production of product labels or labels to be printed with variable information in the fields of logistics, A4 & cut size, retail, oil & chemicals industry, home & personal care and pharmaceuticals.
O-60 white XM1 is a white 83 µm BOPP facestock film, with a matt coating on the front side for the printing of variable information using water-based inkjet printers, with a topcoated reverse for improved anchorage of adhesive.
In addition to the good CO2 balance, self-adhesive coaters and downstream processors benefit from process characteristics which are similar to standard BOPP films and from higher productivity compared to other matt inkjet films thanks to the lower thickness. This means that fewer roll changes are required.
End customers get a fast-drying, easy-to-process product with high colour brilliance, sharply contoured printouts and good weather resistance. They also benefit from higher productivity thanks to a higher number of labels per roll. This film is particularly suitable for pigment inks.
At a glance
- High water-and abrasion resistance
- High resistance against chemicals
- BS5609 section 3 approved on Afinia L501/L502, Epson C-831, Epson C3500 (DuraBrite inks), Epson 7500G, HP PageWide, Kyaro D and Primera Lx2000e printers
- Very good bar code readability even after tape test
NameThickness (film) [µm]Value83Tolerance±6NormISO 4593NameWeight [g/m²]Value57Tolerance±3NormISO 536NameWhiteness, CIE D65/10°Value90Tolerance±2NormISO 11475NameOpacity [%]Value88Tolerance±2NormISO 2471NameBending stiffness MD [mN]Value> 15ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameBending stiffness CD [mN]Value> 10ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mm
For quality reasons PICOFILM should be stored originally packed. Storage and converting conditions of 23±5°C and 50±10% rel. humidity are recommended. Inkjet coatings are durable for a period of two years when stored appropriately in original packaging.
We always recommend comprehensive testing of materials prior to regular conversion.
- BS5609 Certificate (Afinia L501-L502) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (Epson C831) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (Epson C3500) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (Epson C7500G) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (HP PageWide) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (Kiaro D) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1
- BS5609 Certificate (Primera LX2000e) - PICOFILM O-60 white XM1