Water-based inkjet printable white PET based laminated film with an intermediate aluminium layer suitable as flexible primary packaging for food & non-food applications where particularly high barrier properties are required to protect the freshness, aroma and appearance of the products. Suitable for single pass printing technologies with dye and pigmented inks.
Due to the design of the product and the very fast fixing of water-based ink, ARTYSIO Packaging 5443 is particularly suitable for print&pack applications, where packages are printed and filled inline in a single production step. The machinability of this film laminate was designed for use on vertical packing lines as form fill & seal (VFFS) for free-flowing products
Its excellent sealing properties are characterised by maximum product safety, very strong seals (heat seal and ultrasonic) and superb machinability on printing and packing machines.
Due to its particularly high water vapour and oxygen barrier, this product is suitable as primary packaging for all free-flowing products such as coffee and dry pet food.
At a glance
- Ideal concept for smaller packaging lot sizes on high diversity of artwork designs
- Freedom of layout individualisation without any cost add-on
- Personalised packaging as a value add for consumer gifts & events – enable new business concepts of your products at POS due to our functional packaging material
- No lead time for external printed packaging material – Our product defining the time to market
- Saleable products, packed and printed within minutes – 100 times less set up time in comparison to analogue printing technology
- No storage of pre-printed packaging films necessary
- Significant reduction of working capital in comparison to traditionally made packaging material
NameThickness (film) [µm]Value110ToleranceNormISO 4593NameWeight [g/m²]Value137ToleranceNormISO 536NameBending stiffness MD [mN]Value41ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameBending stiffness CD [mN]Value39ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameWhiteness, CIE, D65/10°, front sideValue101ToleranceNormISO 11475NameChromaticity (D50/2°) L* M0Value92.7ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) a* M0Value-0.8ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) b* M0Value-4.0ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameGloss (60°)Value50ToleranceNormISO 2813NameOpacity [%]Value100ToleranceNormISO 2471NameWater Vapour Transmission Rate [g/m²*d]Value< 0.1ToleranceNormDIN 53122 (23°C / 85% r.H.)NameOxygen Transmission Rate [m²*d*bar]Value< 0.1ToleranceNormDIN 53380-3 (23°C / dry)NameCoF Value kineticValue0.5Tolerance±0,05NormASTM D1894
The product should be stored in original packaging at a room temperature of 10 – 30°C and at a relative humidity of 20 – 70%.
Compliant for food contact applications according to EU regulations. Please ask for a compliance declaration for your specific application.
Shelf life 1 year from production, observing the above storage parameters.
A protective varnish or laminate for the printed image is recommended.