Water-based inkjet printable white PP based laminated film suitable for primary flexible packaging of food & non-food applications. Suitable for single pass printing technologies with dye and pigmented inks.
Due to the design of the product and the very fast fixing of water-based ink, ARTYSIO Packaging grade 5552 is particularly suitable for print&pack applications, where packages are printed and filled inline in a single production step. The machinability of this mono material packaging laminate was designed for use on horizontal packing lines as form fill & seal (HFFS) for single pieced filling products, as well as on vertical packaging lines as form fill & seal (VFFS) for free-flowing products, which greatly increases the possible applications of ARTYSIO Packaging 5552.
Its excellent sealing properties are characterised by maximum product safety, very strong seals (heat seal and ultrasonic) and superb machinability on printing and packing machines.
ARTYSIO Packaging grade 5552 also provides easy opening function for best consumer convenience. Owing to its good barrier for water vapour and aroma, this product is suitable as primary packaging, for example for cereals, chocolate products, confectionery or tea.
At a glance
- Ideal concept for smaller packaging lot sizes on high diversity of artwork designs
- Freedom of layout individualisation without any cost add-on
- Personalised packaging as a value add for consumer gifts & events – enable new business concepts of your products at POS due to our functional packaging material
- No lead time for external printed packaging material – Our product defining the time to market
- Saleable products, packed and printed within minutes – 100 times less set up time in comparison to analogue printing technology
- No storage of pre-printed packaging films necessary
- Significant reduction of working capital in comparison to traditionally made packaging material
- Made for Recycling
NameThickness (total) [µm]Value72ToleranceNormISO 534NameWeight [g/m²]Value60ToleranceNormISO 536NameBending stiffness MD [mN]Value26ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameBending stiffness CD [mN]Value19ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameWhiteness, CIE D65/10°Value93ToleranceNormISO 11475NameChromaticity (D50/2°) L* M0Value96ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) a* M0Value-1ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) b* M0Value-1.2ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameGloss (60°)Value60ToleranceNormISO 2813NameOpacity [%]Value83ToleranceNormISO 2471NameWater Vapour Transmission Rate [g/m²*d]Value0.5ToleranceNormDIN 53122 (23°C/ 85% r.H.)NameOxygen Transmission Rate [m²*d*bar]Value650ToleranceNormDIN 53380-3 (23°C / dry)NameCoF Value kineticValue0.25Tolerance±0,05NormASTM D1894
The product should be stored in its original packaging at a room temperature of 10°C – 30°C and a relative humidity of 20 – 70%.
The product is designed for use as primary packaging material. We would be pleased to prepare a corresponding declaration of conformity taking into account the application-specific conditions.
Minimum shelf life 1 year from production under consideration of the above storage parameters.
We recommend applying a varnish or laminate to the printed image for protection.