ARTYSIO Packaging 5445 PP TM FFS 118 W
Water-based inkjet printable, white, PP based high barrier film laminate, manufactured according to GMP guidelines and therefore qualified as flexible, primary packaging for food & non-food applications where particularly high barrier properties are required to protect the freshness, aroma and appearance of the products. Suitable for single pass printing technologies with dye and pigmented inks.
The recyclable mono PP composite in combination with the aqueous inkjet inks offers a sustainable packaging option within the circular economy. Due to the product design and the very fast fixation of aqueous ink, ARTYSIO Packaging 5445 is particularly well suited for "print&pack" applications, where the printing and filling or packaging process is done inline in one step. The machinability of the film is designed for use on vertical (VFFS = vertical form fill & seal) and horizontal (HFFS = horizontal form fill & seal) packaging lines for the filling of free-flowing products as well as unit loads.
The excellent sealing properties enable maximum product safety, very strong seals (heat seal and ultrasonic) and superb machinability on printing and packing machines. Due to the particularly high water vapour and oxygen barrier, ARTYSIO Packaging 5445 is suitable as primary packaging for all free-flowing products such as coffee, tea and spices as well as for liquid and pasty foods, cosmetics or care products.
At a glance
- Ideal concept for smaller packaging lot sizes on high diversity of artwork designs
- Freedom of layout individualisation without any cost add-on
- Personalised packaging as a value add for consumer gifts & events – enable new business concepts of your products at POS due to our functional packaging material
- No lead time for external printed packaging material – Our product defining the time to market
- Saleable products, packed and printed within minutes – 100 times less set up time in comparison to analogue printing technology
- No storage of pre-printed packaging films necessary
- Significant reduction of working capital in comparison to traditionally made packaging material
NameValueToleranceNormNameWeight [g/m²]Value102ToleranceNormISO 536NameThickness (total) [µm]Value116ToleranceNormISO 534NameBending stiffness MD [mN]Value75ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameBending stiffness CD [mN]Value73ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameWhiteness, CIE, D65/10°, front sideValue71ToleranceNormISO 11475NameChromaticity (D50/2°) L* M0Value91.5ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) a* M0Value- 0.6ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameChromaticity (D50/2°) b* M0Value0.6ToleranceNormISO 13655, M0NameGloss (60°)Value68ToleranceNormISO 2813NameOpacity [%]Value85ToleranceNormISO 2471NameWater Vapour Transmission Rate [g/m²*d]Value0.82ToleranceNormDIN 53122 (23°C / 85% r.H.)NameOxygen Transmission Rate [m²*d*bar]Value0.09ToleranceNormDIN 53380-3 (23°C / dry)NameCoF Value kineticValue0.5ToleranceNormASTM D1894
The product should be stored in original packaging at a room temperature of 10 – 30°C and at a relative humidity of 20 – 70%.
Compliant for food contact applications according to EU regulations. Please ask for a compliance declaration for your specific application.
Shelf life 1 year from production, observing the above storage parameters.
A protective varnish or laminate for the printed image is recommended.