Water-based inkjet printable white PET based laminated film with barrier metallisation suitable as flexible primary packaging for food & non-food applications where particularly high barrier properties are required to protect the freshness, aroma and appearance of the products. Suitable for single pass printing technologies with dye and pigmented inks.
Due to the design of the product and the very fast fixing of water-based ink, ARTYSIO Packaging grade 5404 is particularly suitable for print&pack, where packages are printed and filled inline in a single production step. The machinability of this film laminate was designed for use on vertical packing lines as form fill & seal (VFFS) for free-flowing products.
Its excellent sealing properties are characterised by maximum product safety, very strong seals (heat seal and ultrasonic) and superb machinability on printing and packing machines.
ARTYSIO Packaging grade 5404 also provides easy opening function for best consumer convenience. Due to its particularly high water vapour and oxygen barrier, this product is suitable as primary packaging for all free-flowing products such as nuts, spices, tea and dry pet food.
At a glance
- Ideal concept for smaller packaging lot sizes on high diversity of artwork designs
- Freedom of layout individualisation without any cost add-on
- Personalised packaging as a value add for consumer gifts & events – enable new business concepts of your products at POS due to our functional packaging material
- No lead time for external printed packaging material – Our product defining the time to market
- Saleable products, packed and printed within minutes – 100 times less set up time in comparison to analogue printing technology
- No storage of pre-printed packaging films necessary
- Significant reduction of working capital in comparison to traditionally made packaging material
NameThickness (film) [µm]Value65ToleranceNormISO 4593NameWeight [g/m²]Value73ToleranceNormISO 536NameBending stiffness MD [mN]Value12ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameBending stiffness CD [mN]Value14ToleranceNormISO 2493-1; 15°/10mmNameGloss (60°)Value50ToleranceNormISO 2813NameWater Vapour Transmission Rate [g/m²*d]Value0.2ToleranceNormDIN 53122 (23°C/ 85% r.H.)NameOxygen Transmission Rate [m²*d*bar]Value0.2ToleranceNormDIN 53380-3 (23°C / dry)NameCoF Value kineticValue0.15Tolerance±0,05NormASTM D1894
The product should be stored in its original packaging at a room temperature of 10°C – 30°C and a relative humidity of 20 – 70%.
The product is designed for use as primary packaging material. We would be pleased to prepare a corresponding declaration of conformity taking into account the application-specific conditions.
Minimum shelf life 1 year from production under consideration of the above storage parameters.
We recommend applying a varnish or laminate to the printed image for protection.